This past Wednesday, our guild threw a 9th Anniversary celebration. We started in the Darkmoon Faire with a Steam Tonk relay race through the petting zoo. Each team made their way through the route, while the other teams tried shooting their tonks down. Grats Team Shaman/Mage--Bloodshox, Henessy, Quimby, and Ramza--the winning team, who each received Sky Golem mounts.
Next, we moved next door to the ETC performance stage to hold our transmog contest, "Darkwind" themed. Bloodshox impressed the masses with his wind-themed transmog, winning him a Steelbound Harness mount. After a guild picture at the Broken Shore, we wrapped up the evening at our traditional Stormwind Pumpkin Patch with a traditional dodgeball game, where the winning team picked up a Hexweave and Shal'dorei Bag set for new alts.
Everyone in attendance received Shal'dorei bags and a lottery present--filled potentially with rare pets such as a Spectral Tiger Cub, expensive crafted toys... or the ever elusive Left Shark pet. The grand prize for the night was a Vial of the Sands, Sandstone Drake 2-seater mount, which Vortice picked up with a /roll of 94. Bloodshox blew the Trivia Contest away, winning him a Jeweled Onyx Panther mount. The trivia questions of the night:
- Q1: What date was Darkwind founded?
- A1: February 9, 2009
- Q2: If one of our guildies lives in Hawaii, what time would the 8 o’clock rule allow conversation to become more PG-13?
- A2: 6pm
- Q3: Every October, Darkwind changes its guild banner & tabard colors in helping to raise awareness for Breast Cancer. What are the two colors?
- A3: Pink & White
- Q4: Darkwind had a successful 25-man in Siege of Orgrimmar, before flex raiding became the new normal. Which SoO encounter was Darkwind’s 25-man’s first of many Realm First kills?
- A4: Norushen
- Q5: When Legion launched, Shozz prioritized something different. He became Darkwind’s first member to obtain an interesting artifact, earning him a unique title. What was the artifact, & what is his title?
- A5: Underlight Angler; Fishing Officer
- Q6: During WoW’s 10th Anniversary, Darkwind organized 2 successful 40-man Molten Core runs. Name 3 of the 4 tanks who led the group into battle for our first run.
- A6: Saevel, Seraphroy, Wagdwa, & Widowmaker
- Q7: Back when Darkwind used Mumble as our voice client, if you told a really bad pun or anecdote, you were banished to what muted channel?
- A7: BAD JOKE TIMEOUT ZONE
- Q8: DarkwindCon 2017 found a few of our guildies heading to Anaheim for BlizzCon, as well as hanging out at the guild Airbnb. Which three members with shaman mains were in attendance?
- A8: Bloodshox, Henessy, Shadram
- Q9: During our Community Outreach Week prior to Legion’s launch, our guild provided four services to the general Alliance community in Stormwind Park. Name two of the services we provided.
- A9: Enchanting new Invasion gear, Opening portals to invasions, Rezzing corpse bombers for pamphlet Feat of Strength, Handing out netherweave bags
It was great seeing Discord filled with so many people, and knowing that after 9 years, we are still thriving as a guild. It wouldn't be a great guild without great people, and Darkwind is filled with them. Thanks those for coming, thanks those who sent us love during the week, and here's to another year of gaming together as a guild.